Style Steal: Modernist Pendant Lamp from Sundance Catalog
Aug 23, 2009
Style Steal: An item with a level of quality, design, and beauty that belies its low price.
Here's my latest purchase. I'd eyed this pendant lamp as a possibility for my underlit sewing space months ago. Now it hangs there, in all its vintage-industrial-mod glory, to illuminate French seams and overlock stitches. The thing has spawned a redesign scheme for the whole room now. I want to cover the faux louvers on my armoire with sheet metal and hang some industrial-looking shelving with reclaimed locker baskets from the salvage place. Dirty it up a bit, make it a little more Garment District.
So what makes this light a Style Steal?
- A heavy porcelain shade that feels just like old lightning-rod insulators.
- A black, cotton-covered cord like the ones you find on old irons and hand mixers. Hang it and plug it in— no hard-wiring. The cord running along the ceiling adds to its charm.
- A chunky steel ceiling cap (not visible in the photo and thus a sweet surprise when I opened the box).
- Bright, direct light for gettin' serious work done.
- A $40 price tag. On sale from $125. Get it while it lasts at Sundance Catalog.
Let me design a room for you around one thing you love. eDecor is 30% off for one more week! Order an eDecor Plan now.
Like this post? Please share it: